RE: [suse-axp] Compaq Compilers on SuSE Linux

Subject: RE: [suse-axp] Compaq Compilers on SuSE Linux
From: Waite, Michael (Michael.Waite@compaq.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 11:16:06 PDT

Two things going on:

 1. The site maintainer said the C kits were "copied out"
     on Friday afernoon which should have caused them to be
     live later on Friday. I have sent mail to her over the
     weekend, but still don't know what's wrong.

 2. The Fortran ftp site had updated some kits, but was waiting
     to get a cxml update before announcing new kits.

Again pre-announcing availability has created a problem. I have an
announcement message ready to go, but will not send it until the
files REALLY are available.

PS I'm typing this from a laptop in Hawaii. I will be reading
    mail only sporadically this week while I'm at a C standards
    meeting. Please be patient - getting
    bits onto the web site has an uncertain lead time. What we
    do is put stuff there, and then announce that it's there.
    Creating expectations for timing we can't directly control
    can cause problems for everyone.

Aloha,

Michael Waite
Global Partnering Solutions, Marlboro Center
Compaq Computer Corporation
TEL: (508)467-2289