Re: Scary kernel messages

Bart Warmerdam (bartw@xs4all.nl)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 16:58:35 +0100

On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 06:31:44AM -0500, Danny@murphy.debian.org wrote:
> Yesterday I installed debian on an alpha LX, using March 4th versions of the
> installation disks and the lx164 rescue/driver (output of cat /proc/cpuinfo
> below). We are seeing very worrisome kernel messages:
>
> <sc 208(1201813e0,3e9,8)>
> <sc 208(120138720,3e9,5)>
> <sc 208(120138720,0,0)>
> <sc 208(120138720,0,0)>

IIRC these are unimplemented syscalls. When i ran a 2.0.3x kernel i got those
messages sometimes as well. Since the switch to 2.2 kernels these messages
disappeared. Upgrading your kernel or ignoring these messages are both
solutions to your problems. Earlier posts about this problem suggested no
harmfull behaviour (I never had problems with 2.0.3x kernels with those
messages as well, but YMMV).

HTH,

B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------