Re: a few questions (heads up for Chris)

Christopher C Chimelis (chris@classnet.med.miami.edu)
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:28:35 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Paul Slootman wrote:

> On the fdisk front: all I did was remove the include of partition.h, as
> it conflicts with the existing partition.h on the system. However, I got
> mail back from the maintainer that he had added the include on
> recommendation from Chris (Chris? What's going on there?) Anyway, fdisk
> still at least shows me the partitions properly, so I gues it's ok.

The patch I had made for util-linux's fdisk was for a version that's now
ANCIENT (last time I patched util-linux was over a year ago). I'm
guessing that the patch just got outdated with newer revisions.

> So, that will fix more. How about the reported vi problems? It's not a
> problem with vim, I believe, as I haven't noticed anything wrong. So
> which vi is it...

Ironically, I'm not having problems with either more or vi on any of my
boxen.